Monday, March 28, 2011

So Shabby Pink - Monday Menu for me and my Honey

My husband came home early for lunch today and messed up my whole menu planning!  Bless his heart, with meetings all afternoon, he ended up having to eat leftovers instead of the yummy lunch I had planned for him.  This recipe is from Taste of Home website.  It is in the oven now!  I used a small pork tenderloin and adjusted the recipe.

I will use something simple for a side dish like some peas and carrots or green beans.  Love those green beans. 

For DESSERT - 5 Cup Salad.  See recipe below.
 
Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
This recipe and photo from Taste of Home























Ingredients
 
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 teaspoon lemon-herb seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 pounds)
  • 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup white wine or chicken broth

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the ground mustard, herb seasoning, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet, brown roast in 2 tablespoons oil. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush top with Dijon mustard. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and remaining oil; press onto roast.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Place on a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
  • Stir wine into roasting pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Serve with roast. Yield: 14 servings.

For Dessert - 5 Cup Salad

1 cup coconut
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mandarin oranges
1 cup pineapple pieces
1 cup tiny marshmellows

FOLD all ingredients gently to avoid breaking the mandarin oranges.  You cannot imagine how good this is.  The coconut makes it!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Peggy
So Shabby Pink

2 comments:

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Oh yum! My hubby and I love pork tenderloin and this recipe looks delicious!! The 5 cup salad looks amazing- I've never had one with coconut. That looks like something I'd curl up on the couch with and enjoy by myself!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

okay this look really amazing.... I need to make this! My husband would be mucho impressed ;)