Monday, April 21, 2008

So Shabby Pink - It's Planting Time !

It's planting time! I love it this time of year. Here in Texas, it gets SO hot during the summer so the temperatures are a treat --- for now.

We have trees that shade most of our yard so my plants have to be those that prefer shade or part sun.



So fresh and full of life!



I have had these old and rusting watering cans and am planning on planting in them this year. They got a good scrubbing and will be made things of beauty soon.



I do, however, have quite the challenge when planting these delicate new plants. What is it that lurks in the dark and attacks at night - so sneaky and slimey.

IT'S SNAILS!! I fed them a six pack of Impatiens this year but that is all they get. Quite a few meet an ugly fate last night. I found their creepy little bodies in a large dose of this:



That'll teach em. Picking on my sweet little delicate baby flowers.

Goodnight and happy planting!

Peggy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your watering cans, thats a great idea! Good luck with those dern snails!

xo j.