Saturday, August 09, 2008

So Shabby Pink - My Favorite Shabby Chic Style Door

In my last post, I mentioned how soothing our color palette of pinks and whites are in some of the rooms of our home. Here is one of my favorite corners.

I found this old door at an architectural salvage and custom door store. I paid $10 for it! It wasn't understood right away by my family when it moved in but over time, as they have seen my decorating style emerge, they "get it."

As far as the door, I did not sand it, paint it or in any way alter it. I did clean it up carefully so I wouldn't disturb the old paint. I like it just the way it is.


Click to enlarge

I have started a new topic on my website, So Shabby Pink, titled "Decorating." I will be showing different ways to express the shabby chic and cottage styles in your home. It does not take a lot of money. Courage and a big imagination IS required, however. Come see us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Peggy

No comments: